The sign-up process is identical on the mobile apps (iPhone, Android) and the website. On the mobile apps users will be guided directly to the sign-up process, and at www.dacadoo.com, users will click on the button “Sign Up” to initiate the process.
The following steps need to be taken to complete the sign-up process:
- Step 1: Select whether you are new to dacadoo (I’m new to dacadoo), or if you would like to log in to an existing account (Log in to my account).
- Step 2: You will be asked to provide the following four data points to calculate a baseline Health Score to get you interested and hooked:
- My gender: Female or Male.
- My date of birth: A calendar will open so that you can enter the date correctly and in the right format.
- My height: You will see a drop-down list to select the right measurement and the corresponding unit system: metric (m, cm) or imperial (inches).
- My weight: You will see a drop-down list to select the right weight and the corresponding unit system: metric (kg) or imperial (pounds).
- Step 3: You will be asked to provide your location. A map will appear and you tap on your location. A red needle will mark the position you have tapped on the map.
- Step 4: The baseline Health Score is now calculated. At this point you are informed that the Health Score will become more precise and relevant the more data points you enter. You will then be invited to continue the sign-up process by creating an account.
- Step 5: Type your first name, last name and email address, then set a password. If the password rule is not met, an error message will appear to notify you how the password will need to be determined. (The password rule on dacadoo: minimum length is eight characters, maximum length is 160 characters, at least one uppercase letter, one lowercase letter, and one digit or punctuation character).
- Step 7: You will also get the opportunity to accept the sign-up for the marketing newsletter issued by dacadoo, but this acceptance is not mandatory.
- Step 8: To complete the sign-up process, a green “Done” button will appear on the mobile app (and a “Create Account” button on the website), which will need to be clicked to conclude the sign-up process.
Once the sign-up process has been completed, you will automatically gain access to the login area of the dacadoo mobile application or website.
You will receive an email from dacadoo and be asked to confirm your email address by clicking on a link provided to confirm your email address.
Posted in: Security and Account Creation/Deletion